- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup green curry paste
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot peeled and sliced on the diagonal
- 1 (1 1/2 lb.) eggplant, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 (13.6 oz.) can coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tsp. salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts chopped & more for garnish
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped & more for garnish
For the black rice:
- 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup black rice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- Heat Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium/medium low heat.
- Toast rice for 5 minutes, then stir in water and coconut milk.
- Cook according to package directions.
- Heat Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Once hot, stir in curry paste and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add in onion, bell pepper, carrot, eggplant, and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk, lime, soy sauce, fish sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, salt, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 5-15 minutes, or until eggplant is tender.
- Stir in peanuts and cilantro.
- Once rice is cooked, evenly pour rice into 3 bowls.
- Then pour the curry on top of the rice.
Original recipe can be found here.