Using an unexpected flavor to enhance the sweetness of a dessert is a great trick to keep up your sleeve. Salted caramel is the classic example, but more adventurous trends like drizzling balsamic vinegar over ice cream are becoming popular. Here’s a classy way to experiment with a balsamic dessert that’s guaranteed to please: Spiced Pumpkin Cream Parfaits, with Pumpkin Spice Balsamic!
Parfaits of all kinds are some of the simplest desserts to make, and this one is no exception! Simply blend together the Spiced Pumpkin Cream, and layer the ingredients in glasses for serving: one layer of granola, a layer of pumpkin cream, a layer of Cool Whip, and repeat. Then the keystone ingredient to really tie everything together: Pumpkin Spice Balsamic drizzled over the top.
- Cool Whip (Large Container)
- 16 oz box of Granola
- 8 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup of Cool Whip - Reserved
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Spice Balsamic
- To make the Spiced Pumpkin Cream: in a large bowl, gently blend the room-temperature cream cheese until smooth and fluffy; next, add in 1 cup of pumpkin pie filling, and gently fold/blend that into the cream cheese; next, blend in the sugar and brown sugar; finally, fold in the 1 cup of reserved Cool Whip, blending it in gently, but well; spoon the mixture into a piping bag, and place into the fridge to keep cold until ready to use.
- To assemble the parfaits, place your glasses in front of you, in a row; add about 4 tablespoons worth of the granola into the bottom of each glass; next, pipe in about 4 tablespoons worth of the Spiced Pumpkin Cream over the granola, and then, pipe in about 3-4 tablespoons worth of the Cool Whip over that; repeat the layering process once again by adding a layer of the granola then the Spiced Pumpkin Cream, and finally, a generously piped dollop of the Cool Whip in the center of the top of the parfait; finish by drizzling a touch of Pumpkin Spice Balsamic over the top. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.