This decadent dish is sure to impress at your next dinner party, and it’s perfect for a romantic evening at home. A beautiful combination of basil, strawberry, and salmon brings together sweet, tart and savory flavors for a memorable meal that will definitely make it into your regular rotation. Finding the perfect fillets of salmon is up to you, but for those other key flavors we’ve got your back!
It couldn’t be easier: brush some amazing Old Town Olive basil-infused olive oil onto the fillets, then saute them in a large skillet for a couple minutes. Get your relish together with some chopped strawberries, our lovely strawberry balsamic vinegar, some honey and ground black pepper. Pour the relish over the finished fillets, and it’s ready to serve!
- 6 salmon fillets (4 oz each)
- 3/4 tablespoon of basil-infused olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
For the Relish:
- 1 and 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil (or 1 tsp dried basil)
- 3/4 tablespoon of strawberry balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 tablespoon honey
- Dash of freshly ground pepper
- Brush fillets with basil olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add fillets, skin side up, in batches if necessary. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side, or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries with basil, strawberry balsamic, honey, and pepper. Top cooked salmon fillets with relish; serve immediately.