- 6 ounces high-quality bittersweet chocolate (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Armagnac or Cognac
- 2 tablespoons very strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- Melt the chocolate, liquor, and coffee together in the top of a double boiler. Once melted, add the pinch of salt and remove from the heat. Stir the egg yolks in one at a time then add the olive oil using a handheld mixer or wooden spoon.
- Start whipping the egg whites and when they begin to stiffen add the sugar. Whip to stiff peaks. Fold the beaten egg whites into the chocolate a quarter at a time, thoroughly amalgamating in between additions until all the whites have been folded in. Spoon the mixture into 6 to 8 individual ramekins or one large bowl, whatever you plan to serve it in.
Original recipe can be found here.