- 4 leaves gelatine
- 600ml double cream
- 200g caster sugar
- 100ml whole milk
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- zest of 1 lemon
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- Soak the gelatine in a bowl of cold water.
- Pour the cream and milk into a small pan and add the sugar. Bring to a simmer and stir until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the gelatine from the bowl and squeeze out excess water. Add the gelatine to the warm cream and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve into a clean bowl. Add the vanilla, lemon zest and whisk in the olive oil to emulsify with the cream.
- Lightly oil each mold with olive oil. Divide the mixture between the molds and leave to set in the fridge for 4 hours minimum or ideally overnight.
- Turn out the panna cotta by dipping the bottom of the mold into a bowl of boiling water. Invert the mold onto a plate and serve sprinkled with crushed cantuccini, lemon zest and thyme leaves.
Original recipe can be found here.