Salmon is a heart-healthy, delicious meal, but sometimes it’s hard to know what to do with it. Here’s a quick and easy recipe that will help you throw together a quick dinner your family will love. Whisk together 1 Tbsp. of Blood Orange Infused Olive Oil, 2 Tbsp. of Coconut White Balsamic Vinegar, 1 Tbsp. of fresh garlic, minced or pressed, and freshly ground black pepper. Rub that mixture all over 1½ pounds of fresh salmon filets and sear them in a pan in a splash more blood orange olive oil.
Once the searing is done, you can either reduce the temperature and cover the pan to finish the salmon right there on the stovetop, or you can put it in a 425 degree oven to finish. Either way, use that remaining cooking time to steam some broccoli, asparagus, or green beans, and throw together a quick salad. Dinner is served!
- Two 5oz. Salmon Fillets
- 1 Tsp Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Coconut White Balsamic
- 1 Tsp Butter
- Salt to taste
- Ground Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat a non-stick skillet to medium.
- Brush the olive oil on the salmon fillets and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place fillets in the pan.
- Gently turn the salmon after 5 minutes and continue cooking until golden brown.
- Remove salmon and transfer to warming plate.
- Return pan to medium heat. Deglaze the pan with the Coconut Balsamic. Add butter and continue to simmer until sauce slightly thickens.
- Pour sauce over salmon, garnish with fresh chopped dill, chives or parsley