- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce grated parmesan cheese (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs or plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds. Toss with the oil until well coated.
- In a shallow dish, stir the Parmesan, bread crumbs, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together. Place each zucchini round into the Parmesan mixture and press the coating onto both sides.
- Arrange zucchini in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until browned and the coating is crisp, 25 to 30 minutes.
Original recipe can be found here.