- 6-10 ears of corn, husked and silks removed (the number of ears depends on size of slow cooker)
- FOR SEASONING (see directions for suggested combinations):
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- sea salt
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- fresh lime juice
- fresh herbs (dill, thyme, rosemary, sage, tarragon, oregano, or basil)
- curry powder
- coconut milk (canned)
- Sriracha sauce (or other hot chili sauce)
FOIL METHOD: Tear/cut pieces of foil big enough to wrap individual ears of corn. Put an ear of corn in middle of foil. Add seasonings (see suggestions below). Wrap corn tightly in foil. Place in dry slow cooker, seam side up & cover. Approx. cooking times: for 4-6 ears with the slow cooker approx. 3/4 full, cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours. For 8-10 ears with the slow cooker filled all the way to the top, cook on high for 3 hours and on low for 5 hours.*
NO FOIL METHOD: Season ears of corn (see seasoning suggestions below). Brush inside of slow cooker with olive oil or coat with cooking spray. Add seasoned ears of corn to slow cooker and cover. Approx. cooking times: For 4-6 ears with the slow cooker approx. 3/4 full, cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours. For 8-10 ears with the slow cooker filled all the way to the top, cook on high for 4 hours and on low for 6 hours.*
*NOTE: these are approximate times; slow cookers can vary in size, and how hot and quickly they cook. Cooking times may need to be adjusted accordingly.
SEASONING SUGGESTIONS to add to corn before cooking.
- Sea Salt & Pepper: Brush corn with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Chili Lime: Brush corn ears with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lime juice (a lime half has enough juice for 2-3 ears), sprinkle with chili powder (hot or mild according to your preference) and a smidgen of ground cumin.
- Fresh Herbs: Brush corn with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Chop a fresh herb or combination of herbs and sprinkle on corn.
- Curry Coconut: Brush corn with coconut milk (instead of olive oil) and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on curry powder and a smidgen of garlic powder.
- Pesto: Spread corn with prepared pesto. (no additional seasoning is needed)
- Sriracha: Spread corn with Sriracha or other hot chili sauce. (no additional seasoning is needed)
MAKE AHEAD TIP FOR FOIL WRAPPED CORN: The day before, you can husk and clean the corn, season it, wrap the ears in foil, and refrigerate them overnight. The next day, move the refrigerated corn directly to the slow cooker and add 30-60 min. to the cooking time to allow extra time for the cold corn to heat up.
GRILLING OR BAKING OPTION: The foil-wrapped ears can also be grilled over medium-high heat for approx. 20 minutes, rotating them periodically. Or, bake them in the oven at 350 degrees for approx. 30 min.
See the original recipe here.