The holidays are a wonderful opportunity (excuse…) to pull out your favorite appetizer recipes and make them by the plateful! Even at home, these little treats make a lovely accent to a meal. How about a plate loaded with wild smoked salmon and cucumber bites? Cool, crisp cucumber topped with a delicious creamy dressing and curls of smoked salmon, all sprinkled with fresh herbs and a drizzle of Eureka Lemon Fused Olive Oil. Sounds wonderful, doesn’t it?
Here’s how to make it: Slice an English cucumber into thick rounds and scoop out the center of each slice a little bit. Mix together Greek yogurt or sour cream, horseradish, and salt, and dollop that dressing onto each scooped out center. Sprinkle each slice with finely chopped red onion, little sprigs of fresh dill, and a drizzle of Eureka Lemon Fused Olive Oil.
- 1 English cucumber
- 6-8 oz. cold smoked wild Alaskan salmon or lox
- ½ cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 ¼ tsp. prepared horseradish
- A pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. finely diced red
- Eureka Lemon Fused Olive Oil for drizzling
- 3-4 sprigs fresh dill, torn into small pieces
- Combine Greek yogurt, horseradish, and salt in small bowl. Set aside. Peel and slice cucumber in ½ thick rounds.
- Using a melon baller or small spoon scoop a shallow cavity in the top of each slice.
- To assemble: lay cucumber slices on a work surface scooped side up.
- Top each slice with a teaspoon-size dollop of the yogurt and a small piece of smoked salmon. Sprinkle with red onion.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Just before serving, lightly drizzle cucumbers with Lemon Olive Oil and garnish with pieces of fresh dill.