- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 (15 -19 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and add garlic, rosemary and red pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the garlic starts to brown, about 1 minute.
- Add chickpeas and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes; let cool slightly.
- Transfer soup to a blender; cover loosely, and puree until just smooth.
- Return to the saucepan and stir in lemon juice and sea salt to taste.
- Serve, garnished with a fresh rosemary sprig, or an additional drizzling of olive oil.
Original recipe can be found here.