Mocktails can solve lots of problems. They are elegant as can be, but since they are alcohol-free they can be served at any party: bridal showers, baby showers, birthday parties where all ages will be present, even just an end of a very long stressful day party for one! Following are simple instructions on how to make a fancy-schmancy mocktail that will please just about anyone in your crowd with only a few ingredients.
1) Freeze berries into ice cubes. They’ll add a splash of bright summer color to your drink later while keeping it nice and chilled. 2) Get some pretty wine glasses. 3) Go buy some soda water. And 4) pull out several of your favorite dark and white balsamic vinegars. Pour your favorite balsamic vinegar into the bottom of the glass, top it to about ¾ full with sparkling water, add ice, and drink at will. Delicious!
- blueberries, washed
- raspberries, washed
- 1-2 ounces flavored white balsamic vinegar
- sparkling water, such as La Croix
- In a clean ice tray, drop blueberries and/or raspberries in each cavity. Top with water. Freeze until solid. Remove from tray and place in freezer-safe zip-lock bag in freezer until needed for mocktails.
- To a champagne flute, add balsamic vinegar. Top with sparkling water, filling about 3/4 of the glass. Add 6-8 pieces of plain ice and berry ice. Serve immediately.
See the original recipe here.