- 1 packet dry active yeast (2¼ teaspoons)
- 1¼ cups warm water
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup fresh herbs, finely chopped. I used basil, garlic chives and dill.
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl stir together warm water and yeast. Allow to sit for 10 minutes until foamy.
- Add flour, fresh herbs (reserving 1 tablespoon), 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sugar and salt.
- Work dough, kneading slightly until you can form dough into a ball. Place in a greased bowl, cover and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, and allow to rest for another 20 minutes.
- Prepare your crock pot by lining the inside with parchment paper. Heat to high heat and add dough.
- Brush with more olive oil and sprinkle with remaining herbs.
- Cover the crock pot with paper towels before replacing the lid in order to prevent condensation from dripping on the bread.
- Bake for 2 and a half hours until cooked through. Loaf will be light colored.
- Allow to cool slightly before slicing.
Original recipe can be found here.