Your crock pot is good for more than slow cooking main dishes all day while you are at work. You can also use it to make a fabulous side dish while your oven is in use. If you have a pot roast or chicken roasting, for example, you can turn out these mouth-watering garlic parmesan potatoes, cooked to perfection, with just a few hours in the crock pot.
Toss together sweet baby potatoes, extra virgin olive oil, butter, fresh garlic, and the herbal goodness of oregano, basil, dill, and freshly ground salt and pepper for a taste combination that will have your family sniffing the air and asking when dinner will be ready. Add a handful of freshly grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley just before serving.
- 3 pounds baby Dutch yellow potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Lightly coat the inside of a slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place potatoes, olive oil, butter, garlic, oregano, basil and dill into the slow cooker; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours or high heat for 2-3 hours, or until tender.*
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan and garnished with parsley, if desired.
See the original recipe here.